Thursday, 21 November 2013

Digipak Poster



This is my final poster that goes with my digipak to promote my artists new album, 'Long Way Down'. I feel this poster is eye catching because of the shapes and typography. Many adverts for artists feature large pictures of themselves, so I feel this one will stand out compared to others because it has large text and looks different. I used Pages to create this advert because I felt comfortable with the skills I had for this program and knew that I could achieve what I wanted. I played around with the opacity of most of the elements on the advert to create a softer look that I feel corresponds with the indie pop genre of the artist. It clearly states the album name so that people can look at the poster and instantly know how to buy the album. I have also put on the advert that the album is available on iTunes now. This will prompt people to go and have a look for the album. I decided to use iTunes because this is something that the audience will be more familiar with, as a pose to something like Amazon. I didn't want to include anything else in the poster because I like the simplicity of it, and the clean look it has. If I were to add lots of the recommendations and links to social networking sites, I think it would look cluttered and less effective. I think the shapes demonstrate the indie side of the genre of the song. It also promotes the artist and album as something different to other music you hear, which will catch peoples attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment