Thursday, 21 November 2013

Creating my digipak poster



These pictures show the different steps I took in creating my poster for my digipak. I created the poster first so I could come up with a strong image that represented my artist well and attracted the right target audience, so that I could use this for the digipak too. From the photos, you can see I changed a lot through out this process. From looking at my planning, I originally started to follow this by using a blurred image with text over the top. However after playing round this the image the writing I came up with a logo that I could use which included the artists name and shapes behind it. After continuing to play around with this image I found the logo looked effective on its own, with out the whole image of the artist. I then looked back to my research and found that artists have previously used posters without their face in it, and I felt this was effective. I then cut down the image and continued to use the greenery from my photo shoot in the background of the logo. I played around with the effects on this till I was happy with it. Although the artists face isn't in the poster, I still think it looks effective and eye catching, causing people to remember the name. My artist is already well established within the industry therefore, many people will already know his name, letting it speak for itself on the poster. Images of the artist will be used on the digipak so that his identity is known to new audiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment